Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Monteverde, Puntarenas
- Product code: PPAALN
Founded in 1992 Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve is a conservation area managed by the Santa Elena Public High School, this reserve holds a vast variety of biological diversity of great importance for Monteverde within its 310 hectares. The funds raised by this reserve, a certain percentage is used in education for the youth in the community.
The density of forest at this altitude increases the chances to see trees and plants very unique to the Cloud Forest. Hiking with our guide in the reserve you will have the chance to learn more about an specific topic about this forest. Our professional knowledgeable guides will lead you to explore the wonders of the Reserve, and in this way you can have a better chance to enjoy the characteristics and the different attractive inside the Reserve, as its biodiversity.
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothes
- Hiking shoes
- Insect repellent
- After the 4th person $15 would be charge for each extra person.
- The entrance fee is not included.
- Transportation is available from all Monteverde area hotels for an aditional cost.